Recently I need to transcode MXF video to MPEG-2, approximately 5TB. The conversion was needed in order to migrate from a 360systems MAXX server to a Leightronix ultra Nexus for being used in a school public access channel. The MAXX only supports MXF storage, and the Nexus can't use MXF. Since the native format for the Nexus is MPEG-2, so that was the best choice for me.

After tried several conversion tools, for the huge 5TB of files, I turned to Aunsoft TransMXF for Mac, the fastest one and the best to output broadcast quality MPEG-2 from source MXF for me. With the advanced video and audio synchronization technology, what I sampled looks great without audio playback out of sync. The whole copy off 5TB MXF took less than one week. What I must mention here is the batch conversion and "Shutdown the Computer" set are really helpful when you are dealing with large amount of MXF to MPEG-2 conversion.

More than an excellent MXF to MPEG-2 Converter, I find TransMXF for Mac can also help importing MXF to FCP, Adobe Premiere, QuickTime, iMovie, etc via time-saving and easy-to-handle conversion without long rendering time. MXF to DivX conversion is also available. More than 50 types of output video formats extremely expand the use of MXF shootings for sharing and playback.

Below is a simple tutorial to convert MXF files to Interlaced MPEG-2 with mp2 audio codec. For windows user, you can turn to TransMXF.

Step 1: Import the MXF files

Click "add video" or "add folder" to load file. You can also directly drag files to the program. Batch conversion is available with one click.

Step 2: Choose output format

Click the "format" and choose "HD Video"->>"MPEG-2 Video (*.mpg)" Here I select MPEG-2 profile optimized for television.

Step 3: Set advanced MXF to HD MPEG-2 video transcoding settings

Here you can easily adjust video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of video and audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., in the Profile Settings to get MXF files converted with original quality.

Step 4: Conversion

Click "Start Conversion" icon, TransMXF for Mac will transcode MXF to broadcast quality MPEG-2 at fast speed. You can preview output file when conversion completed.

This conversion program can be easily found via Google with keywords "Aunsoft TransMXF for Mac"