4K has been the buzzword at CES 2014, and Panasonic perpetuates this trend by revealing 4K versions of their popular GH3 mirrorless camera and their HX-A100 point-of-view camera. the GH 4K mockup appears identical to the GH3, with the exception of the 4K sticker on it. This is good news for users already comfortable and familiar with the GH3s ergonomics. It's attractive for recording video at 200 Mbps to SDXC cards will be possible. As we know, many 4k cameras can record both 4k video and 1080P AVCHD. But it's a little difficulty to open and edit Panasonic 4K video/AVCHD in Avid or other NLEs.

Obviously, sometimes, 4k resolution is not the problem. The real pain is AVCHD codec, a finishing codec not easy for post production. To specific, when you add edits, transitions, titles and so forth, the codec put an even greater strain on your CPU. That's why your AVCHD clips stutter and drop frames when you preview in Avid. So AVCHD conversion is necessary for easily editing. Which MTS software for Panasonic is better?

Here I share my experience. Last week I need to edit some AVCHD files from my Lumix GH-3 DSLR. And I would really prefer to keep the native AVCHD (.MTS) and then render to AVID DNxHD. However, the rendering processing is really time-consuming. I nearly lost the patience. And the Avid DNxHD I eventually got loss the quality of original AVCHD 24P at 24Mbps. I need theatrical quality resolution if perhaps. I search the internet and finally Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac. Thanks God, it works! Converting AVCHD to Avid DNxHD without rendering time is really fast. The crucial point is I appreciate the output quality.

To support for AVCHD MTS files, The Video Converter for Mac also features transcode AVCHD/AVCHD 2.0 to ProRes MOV, AIC MOV, DVCPRO MOV for FCP, iMovie, FCE, QuickTime for viewing and playing. More than 50 output formats makes it is easy to convert MTS/M2TS to AVI, MP4, MPEG, FLV, MKV, WMV, etc for different Media Players. Besides, this program supports multiple formats importing, such as 4k MXF, DSLR, DPX, etc. The advanced technology and the clear interface it use make the timesaving conversion process effective and efficient with only 3 or 4 steps.

This conversion program can be easily found via Google with keywords "Aunsoft iMedia conveter for mac"

Below are the simple steps to convert Lumix 4K video/AVCHD to Avid DNxHD MOV.

Step1. Import AVCHD files

Click "add video" or "add folder" to load AVCHD clips. You can also directly drag files to the program.

Step2. Choose output format.

Click "Format" and you will see a drop-down list of output formats. Choose "Avid Media Composer" then "Avid DNxHD (*.mov)" as output format.

Step3. Customize video specs. (Optional)

Step4: Conversion.

Click "Conversion" icon that the Video Converter for Mac will convert Panasonic Lumix GH 4K video/AVCHD at ultrafast speed without rendering.