Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australian Catch-up TV via Android

Hi, Glad you have had some success there, its always better to load the latest version of xbmc if possible. Does xbmc official website not have the latest version for android? It seems a common problem with xbmc not supporting hardware decoding with a lot of android devices, although they are increasing support.
    Live Long, watch TV and prosper

Well it looks like I need to start over with the browser testing. I have just realised that the Flash on my Firefox disabled itself at some stage due to performance issues, so that will explain some of my issues.
    As for XBMC access.
    SBS On Demand – SBS2 by Dennis 1.0.12 Works well.
    ABC iView – ABC iView2 boggob 1.0.5 Works well.
    Plus7 – Plus7-2 Dennis 0.0.7 Error Sript failed plugin.video.plus72 when a video is selected.
    Plus7 – Plus7 andybotting 1.1 Same symptoms as above. I contacted addon author who confirmed the site has implemented changes and so a rewrite is pending.
    NineMSN –Cannot locate any addon for this.
    Network Ten – adammwill 0.4.0 Works on PC version but not on Android. Script error when addon is selected – Contacted addon author who analysed my logfile and found nothing. He suggested loading XBMC 12.2 in case it is an issue that was resolved in that update, but cannot find an XAF Neon version of 12.2 yet that will match my hardware acceleration.
    AFL Video – andybotting 1.1 Works well and provides more content than web page.
    Last edited by Armacdee; 08-01-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Im not sure about the Australian apps but if you try xbmc addon navi-x as this has a lot of tv shows and channels, maybe that will help.
    Live Long, watch TV and prosper

Sounds like way too much hassle, why dont you just connect a PC using a HDMI cable to your TV and then you can run them all!!?

I agree with admin. Just load up XBMC, run Navi-X and just use the search button to find the channel, show or movie you want. Alternatively you can use one of the android apps that airplay content and send it from a phone or tablet to the android stick running xbmb.

This is the inherent problem with watching online TV. Non working websites, unable to find the show or movie you want from a legitimate site. And even when you find something that works it decides to not run smoothly and keeps buffering.

My solution is to just download what i want to watch from torrent sites and then watch it from my hard drive.

Word of advice, if you do get it working dont watch the ashes

Thanks everyone, I'm not sure where to start.
    Firstly, the reason I am going to these lengths is that my wife and I may be required by my work to relocate to Germany for several months. In that case it would be most beneficial to have a very portable media server that would enable her to maintain access to all the Australian shows and content she currently enjoys, thus reducing the risk of homesickness etc. We don't speak German, so their TV won't be that helpful. It will just require me to set up a proxy through my home. The main commercial channels are 7, 9 and 10, of which none are working through XBMC.
    You can probably now see now that several of your kind suggestions are in this case impractical.
    Sadly, I agree with the ashes advice. Better luck next time I guess.
    As for Navi-X, it was found to be problematic with the XAF version of XBMC. I tried it and it locks up intermittently; however Mashup is fine as an alternative.
    Now for a status update on Browser access:
    Using Firefox with Flash installed and configured to request Desktop site.
    SBS On Demand - Working, but clumsy user interface requiring you to select videos to add to your play list, then select to play them.
    ABC iView - Screen loads as if massively zoomed and cannot reduce size. Intermittently locks up browser
    Plus7 - Can browse site, but when a video is selected, I get a message “This protected content cannot be played on this mobile platform”
    NineMSN - Works, but video and audio out of synch.
    Network Ten - Works fine. Yay!
    AFL Video - Also works fine.

I think your problem is easier solved by either running a PC through an Aussie proxy so you can access catch-up channels just like you would down under, also i know you can access the Sky satellite network in Europe including Germany which opens up the whole worl of English TV that is full of Aussie shows anyway. Trying to run everything through an android stick or box will always be hit and miss. Good luck.

SBS2 1.0.12 addon by Denis

Quote Originally Posted by Armacdee View Post
    Well it looks like I need to start over with the browser testing. I have just realised that the Flash on my Firefox disabled itself at some stage due to performance issues, so that will explain some of my issues.
    As for XBMC access.
    SBS On Demand – SBS2 by Dennis 1.0.12 Works well.
    ABC iView – ABC iView2 boggob 1.0.5 Works well.
    Plus7 – Plus7-2 Dennis 0.0.7 Error Sript failed plugin.video.plus72 when a video is selected.
    Plus7 – Plus7 andybotting 1.1 Same symptoms as above. I contacted addon author who confirmed the site has implemented changes and so a rewrite is pending.
    NineMSN –Cannot locate any addon for this.
    Network Ten – adammwill 0.4.0 Works on PC version but not on Android. Script error when addon is selected – Contacted addon author who analysed my logfile and found nothing. He suggested loading XBMC 12.2 in case it is an issue that was resolved in that update, but cannot find an XAF Neon version of 12.2 yet that will match my hardware acceleration.
    AFL Video – andybotting 1.1 Works well and provides more content than web page.

Please let me know where I can get the addon SBS On Demand – SBS2 by Dennis 1.0.12 tks