Thread: Questions before buying

Questions before buying

Im looking for a player to plug into the big tv. I just need to know it can do what i want before committing. So heres me questions-

I want something that can play video from my external 1TB hard drive i have filled with movies, and i want to browse the web, stream video from websites and apps like iPlayer, 4oD, ITV Player, YouTube etc. I also want to be able to play music and radio channels too.
    Yowsers in my trousers

The good news is that Gogglebox can stream straight from your hard drive, just plug it in to one of the USB ports. You can browse the web and watch Youtube etc. just like on a PC although you will need a mouse and keyboard if you want that 'PC experience'.

Some of the catch-up TV services like 4oD do not like their catch up streaming being watched on a TV screen so they will try and block it. Similarly, the iPlayer can have problems running from the native app.

But the good news is that there are workarounds and we have all the UK catch-up services working apart from Demand 5 which has some problems running. But with Gogglebox you get pre-installed the BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD as well as the catchup TV app that shows all the popular channels live streams.
    Live Long, watch TV and prosper

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!