Thread: Should i buy a smart TV, Blu-Ray player or set-top box

Should i buy a smart TV, Blu-Ray player or set-top box

Im confused. I want a smart TV but im worried about negative reviews, cost, the fact they seem to go out of date. So a cheaper option would be to buy a dvd player or set-top box to watch smart telly. What do you reccomend guys?

Smart TVs are getting pretty good now but are still not worth the extra imo, and are still expensive. You can buy a smart blu-ray, a smart tv stick or just plugin your laptop or games console and get smart functions on your TV.

When you look at the standard smart TV, all it offers are services like Youtube, maybe some catch-up TV services and a bunch of mainly useless apps. So you can get a much better experience by not buying a Smart TV just yet.
    Live Long, watch TV and prosper

I brought a connected 3D tv and the 3d option rarely gets used and the smart function never gets used. For some reason the wifi seems slower on the tv and typing anything in a search box takes forever. I only use a laptop or tablet for online tv and video now!

I would check out Amazon where you can find the make and model of the smart TV, Google TV, set-top box, etc., with customer reviews to help make a well informed decision.

Just buy an Android TV Box or stick. They are all over Amazon and Ebay for about $30-100. Then you have Youtube, catch-up, netflit etc. etc. and you get networked movie playing as well as being able to use your phone as remote.

Smart TV NOOOOOoo! Blu-Ray player connected Maybe. Set-top box YES.

If you buy a smart tv or connected dvd player you will get the lousy connection problems, lack of catch-up tv and video services so you will end up ignoring the smart features.

Buy yourself a Roku or Boxee are OK. Or jailbreak an Apple TV is pretty good. For the cheaper option just buy an android dongle or TV box. That will get you internet connection, apps, video services, and many come with a keyboard remote. They can also be set up as a media center.