Thread: Books vs. Movies

Books vs. Movies

I have a friend. He never misses a premiere, but more he likes fiction movies. he does not read absolutely nothing. And when we are asked to read a certain book , he immediately sits down to look for her screen version.

And I also love at first read the book, and then watch the movie. I think the movie is not so well able to express what I wanted to convey the author and the audience, not read , for example , Dostoevsky, unable to understand the beauty and grandeur of his books.In your opinion, what is really better to read the book , and then watch a movie or just go to the movies , and the book put into trash ?

I think that a movie can never replicate your imagination. I remember reading Lord of the Rings and even though the films were amazing, they were never as good as my imagination made them.
    Live Long, watch TV and prosper

I think it all depends on the book and film. I agree that with a vivid imagination, there's no telling where the story and characters can really go, so in that sense, books are the victor! However, sometimes being an impatient soul can be tough and with a movie, you get instant gratification and resolution, usually under 2 hours. I feel like movies work better for those who want entertainment then and now, where as books are for those who have patience and love to imagine and what not. Am I making any sense?

Agree with this, it's good to sit down with a book if it's an interesting one, but sometimes you really don't have the time and can end up more disappointed if you didn't like it (at least it's more fun to moan about blockbuster movies ).

I prefer the movie versions. But then i can't read

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I prefer the movie versions. But then i can't read
    I agree with You. But books are more reliable for human.