Thread: Do you need a TV License to watch Cathup TV in the UK?

Lightbulb Do you need a TV License to watch Cathup TV in the UK?

I thought I would find the answer for you fien people.

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV. This includes the use of devices such as a TV, computer, mobile phone, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

You don’t need a TV Licence if..
    You don’t watch or record television programmes as they’re being shown on TV – on any device
    If you don’t watch or record television programmes, or you only stream TV programmes online after they’ve been broadcast – through on-demand services like YouTube, BBC iPlayer and 4oD – you don’t need to be covered by a
    TV Licence.

• Your out-of-term address is covered by a

• TV Licence

• AND you only use TV receiving equipment that is powered solely by its own internal batteries

• AND you have not connected it to an aerial or plugged it into the mains.

Your parents' TV Licence will not cover you while you are away at university unless you only use a device that's powered solely by its own internal batteries. You must not plug it into the mains when using it to receive TV.

You need a TV Licence if...

You watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV - online, on a TV, or on any device (even a laptop)

• This is the case whatever device you use – whether a laptop, PC, mobile phone, games console, digital box, VHS/DVD recorder or anything else. It also includes programmes you watch online at the same time as they’re being shown on TV, for example live sport. (However, if your mobile device isn’t plugged in, you’ll still be covered by your parents’ licence.)

And you live in halls of residence
    • Your hall probably has a licence covering communal areas but you’ll also need to be covered for your room.

Or you live in a shared house

• If there’s a joint tenancy agreement for the whole house, you may only need one licence. However, you may need your own licence if your accommodation is self-contained – i.e. you have exclusive access to washing facilities or you have your own entrance to the property.

If you have a separate tenancy agreement for your room, you’ll need to be covered by a separate licence.

For more info about the UK TV License, click here

Thanks for the info Gazza, to be honest i dont really give a stuff on the license, i really dont know how they can tell the difference between live, catch up, replay and whatever streaming is.

All i know is that if it's live then you need a licence.... mind you is streaming tv live??

Although it may seem confusing, I think the law in the UK regarding the TV licence is pretty clear. If you watch live TV on either a TV set or using a computer then you need the licence. But if you watch shows via catchup that have already aired, then you don't need one.
    Live Long, watch TV and prosper

IS streaming Live, or a mix of both recorded and live? I think the latter, where would you stand then watching TV from a UK computer but vis straming over the world.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

tv licence can check streaming

do you need tv license with android box

cathuptv.com

cathuptv england

free tv

CATHUP TV

do you need a tv licence for android tv box

however if your mobile device isn’t plugged in you’ll still be covered by your parents’ licence

do you have to pay tv licence for networking only watch dvds

cathuptv

what to selevt if you dont need tv license

do i need a tv licence for andrapoid mobile phone

internet tv licence forum

pc you dont need a tv licence 2012

I watch tv online Internet in uk tv license

i watch tv online do i need a license

Do i need a tv license for cathup tv