Thread: Introduction To Wi-Fi Enabled Blu-Ray Players

Introduction To Wi-Fi Enabled Blu-Ray Players

Wi-Fi enabled Blu-Ray players are highly searched for item this year and sales on these devices are growing. Wi-Fi technology has changed the way that we use our Blu-Ray players.

Wi-Fi technology is showing up in more than just computers, mobile phones, DVD players, tablets have all adapted this technology making it almost impossible for the internet to hide. Wi-Fi is now one of the most searched for things this year. As Wi-Fi technology grows you will soon find that wires and cables will no longer be needed for anything.

You can now watch Netflix and YouTube videos all from your Blu-Ray player giving you computer like access to thousands of movies and awesome movie clips. Wi-Fi saves you the hassle of running Ethernet cables that be very costly and not to mention ugly.

Wi-Fi Blu-Ray players range in price depending on where you buy, and what you buy. Getting the best quality doesn’t always have to cost you a fortune.
    Live Long, watch TV and prosper

Call me thick but i dont understand this internet connected blu-ray or tv lark. What exactly does it mean. Can you browse the net or is it tied into some software that just gives you certain access???

Does Blu-ray run Google TV or something else?

Hi shafty,

Internet connected Blu-Ray Players allow you to use services like:

BD-Live requires the Blu-ray Disc player to have an Internet connection to access Internet-based content.
    Pandora Radio player available to enabled Blu-ray players and other hardware devices.
    YouTube, Netflix and CinemaNow integrate a sort of front end to enable you view content on players.
    These are the main ones available but more are more than likely to be added.

They all allow you to watch films and tv shows and trailers and clips through a front end or graphic interface could be thought of as a pre installed app.
    Live Long, watch TV and prosper

I think the idea of connected tv and hardware is the use of apps or widgets. Other than Google TV, i dont think anyone else is offering an actual browser experience on your tv.

This means that users will be restricted as to what they can do on the tv, there will always be a Youtube app of course, then maybe a Facebook app etc. So in effect, viewers can go on Facebook, watch videos etc on the TV. But i know that the TV networks do not want viewers to access streams from their big screen tv, yet anyway.

Go online to Home Theater Magazine and read the reviews on blu ray disc players. Panasonic BD-60 is the best entry blu ray disc player in the market and it is around $150. Hope this will help you out.

I am new to Blue Ray and don't know very much. I would like to know how much capacity a blue ray disk can hold.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

wifi enabled dvd player

wifi enabled blu ray player

what does wifi enabled mean blu ray

what does a wifi blu ray player do

what does wifi enabled mean

what does a blu ray player with wifi dowhat does wifi blu ray player meanwhat is a wifi enabled blu ray playerwhat is wifi enabled blu ray playerwhat does a blu ray with wifi dowhat does wifi enabled dvd player meanwifi enabled dvd playerswhat is wifi enabled dvd playerwhat does wifi on a blu ray player dowhat does wifi do on a dvd playerwhat does blu ray with wifi dodvd with wifi how does it workwifi enabled dvdwifi enabled blu ray playershow do wifi dvd players workwhat does wifi on blu ray player dowhat does blu ray dowhat does blu ray enabled meanwhat does a blue ray player doWhat does wifi do on a blu ray player