PDA

View Full Version : Did you know more viewers are turning to free streaming services!

gazza
02-11-2012, 04:32 PM
The way YOU watch TV has already changed dramatically, now more are turning to BBC iPlayer, Channel 4's 4OD and ITV Player to catch up on programmes they've missed, but these are usually only available for 7 to 30 days after their TV broadcast. So if you miss the second chance online you'll probably have to wait for a repeat or buy the DVD.

Internet service providers (ISPs) could see a surge in customers upgrading to unlimited data allowances as they sign up to streaming packages. Whatever you subscribe to, if you want to stream online you'll need decent bandwidth (around 5mbps should be fine) and a good data allowance to avoid being stung by big bills.

In December, Netflix announced it would have non-exclusive access to much of the BBC's archive programs, with rights to programmes including Top Gear and Doctor Who. In the same month Lovefilm announced an exclusivity deal with Sony, suggesting that the future of online streaming could be as simple as different TV channels for different tastes.

amanda
03-25-2012, 03:56 PM
This is definitely not a surprise since online TV offers more compare to local and cable TV.

trishalane
08-11-2012, 04:03 PM
i agree with that... and it is more convenient now a days...
This is definitely not a surprise since online TV offers more compare to local and cable TV.

tvfanatic18
05-03-2013, 12:33 PM
yup just like me i'm using tvopedia.com for free