Yet another shake-up comes to “The X Factor,” however fans of the show need not worry about anything else happening this season. “X Factor” judge Antonio “L.A.” Reid, who has been on both the first and second seasons of the struggling singing-competition show will not be back for a third season. Reid, who is an executive for Epic Records says that he needs to tend to the business he is the CEO of.
“I have decided that I will not return to ‘The X Factor’ next year. I have to go back — I have a company to run that I’ve kind of neglected.” Reid told Shaun Robinson of Access Hollywood. “It saddens me a little bit, but only a little bit.” FOX, nor producers or fellow judges have commented on his statements made early Thursday.
Reid did confirm that him and fellow judge Simon Cowell have a spectacular relationship together, and that he would not rule out returning to the show at a later time–but clearly said, “I’m definitely not coming back next year.” This wouldn’t be the first time there has been a judge shake-up on the show. Last year, after the conclusion of the first season of “The X Factor” both Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger were abruptly removed as judges, and host Steve Jones went with them.
FOX, while pleased with the ratings that “Factor” generates for them is already gearing up for the return of American Idol this January. “The X Factor” has met stiff competition with the reality TV format and has lost some steam to rival show “The Voice,” which airs on NBC. FOX and “Factor” producers added Khloe Kardashian and Mario Lopez late into the season as new hosts, in an effort to spark more interest.