With the console’s official release now just a week away on 15 November in North America, Sony’s PlayStation 4 has for some time been considered the clear favourite in the eighth-generation games console sales race (against the slowly-improving but reputation-damaged Xbox One from Microsoft), but it will not stop them taking their potential customers for granted as they launch one final push on promoting their product before its roll-out.
Making an online announcement yesterday (7 November), the console is noted as containing a default 13 apps that will be ready-to-use upon the device’s launch. Those apps, encompassing a spectrum of internet-delivered TV and media content featuring shows, movies, and sports on-demand, displays a clear vision for enabling a vast range of content as the PS4 launches.
The individual apps that appear to fit this categorisation are Sony’s own-brand ‘Music Unlimited’ and ‘Video Unlimited’ options, as well as the following external services implemented: Amazon Instant Video, Crackle, Crunchyroll, Epix, Hulu Plus, NBA Game Time, Netflix, NHL Gamecenter, Redbox Instant, Vudu, YuppTV.
With a strong backing of video content to match its comparatively powerful system and gaming options, will the Sony PlayStation 4 be able to steal a clear march on the Xbox One within the ‘one’ week it has completely unchallenged by their biggest rival in the market this month?
The Sony-produced blog post on the matter, including the full PR descriptions on each app, can be seen in full below:
“We know you’ve been waiting anxiously for PS4 to finally arrive and we have exciting news to share with you today. Starting Day One, a number of your favorite digital entertainment services like Netflix and Amazon Instant Video will be available with more coming soon.
PlayStation is dedicated to giving our fans the best entertainment options on our platforms and we’re proud to share the following services will be available on PS4 starting November 15:
- Amazon Instant Video - Amazon Instant Video offers two great ways to watch movies and TV shows instantly, anywhere. Buy or rent from a selection of more than 150,000 titles or subscribe to Prime Instant Video and get unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes.
- Crackle - A part of Sony Pictures Television, Crackle is a freely accessible multi-platform television network delivering original series such as Emmy Award nominated Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and hit movies and television programs in a variety of genres.
- Crunchyroll - Watch the latest and best selection of Anime right from Japan such as Naruto Shippuden, Attack on Titan, Bleach and more up to one-hour after Japanese broadcast!
- EPIX - Authenticated subscribers on the PS4 system can instantly access and stream more than 3,000 titles on-demand, including top blockbusters such as The Avengers and The Hunger Games in HD, classic Hollywood franchises, award-winning original documentaries plus music and comedy specials.
- Hulu Plus - Hulu Plus offers unlimited instant streaming of current hit shows like Family Guy, The Simpsons, and South Park as well as original series including The Awesomes and The Wrong Mans.
- NBA Game Time - Stay connected to Live out-of-market NBA game action on the PS4 system with NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband on an authenticated basis for subscribers. Get access to real time stats, complete scores, stats and schedules for every game, and video highlights and recaps.
- Netflix - Netflix members can instantly watch a wide variety of TV shows and movies, including exclusive series such as House of Cards and Orange is the New Black, on the PS4 system.
- NHL GameCenter LIVE - Instantly stream live out-of-market games in HD quality with your NHL GameCenter LIVE subscription.
- Redbox Instant by Verizon - Subscribers can stream from a library of hit movies on the PS4 system and receive 4 DVD or Blu-Ray rental nights every month for new releases at the Redbox kiosk. Everyone can purchase and rent the latest movies on-demand.
- VUDU - Watch the world’s largest selection of HD movies and TV shows, including thousands of blockbusters, Hollywood classics and indies. Stream new releases before they¹re available on DVD, or build a collection of favorites without ever paying for a subscription.
- YuppTV - YuppTV offers over 150 Indian TV channels Live and on demand, including a selection of over 600 Movies to watch anytime, anywhere.
- Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited - Starting day one, there will be a ton of digital entertainment available, including Sony’s own Music Unlimited, which now has a global catalog of over 22 million songs, and Video Unlimited, an on demand entertainment service that gives you access to a huge selection of Hollywood blockbusters and TV episodes from all major networks, and more.
All entertainment apps can be found in the TV & Video section of PS4′s home screen or in the PlayStation Store. Keep checking the PlayStation Blog for more updates on other new and exciting apps that will be coming to PS4.”
Latest TV searches:
www XnxxFREE, Can I stream redbox on wii, can you stream redbox thru wii, ps4 tv and video section, what new ps4 apps are coming to north america